View Single Post
# 13 16-03-2005 , 05:21 PM
ok your shadows are "bouncing upwards" because you are using pointlights and tyhey cast shadows in 6 directions. Use spots with a wide cone angle to avoid that. Also point lights take ages to render because of the number of shadows and the amount of light they cast. Your lighting looks like it is a good start however it looks very flat and lifeless (simply because you have too much light in there with all the point lights). I think you are on the right tracks and there is no "this is how you light a room" tutorial as each one is different. The thing to remember is that CG light doesn't bounce and so you need to add your bounce and fill lights carefully. More isn't necessarily better in terms of lights either, the effect you have at the moment could be achieved with half of the lights you haveuser added image

as for no one replying to your thread apart from one person, many people here in the newbie forum feel a bit initimidated by lighting and there aren't that many people with a lot of experience in it. If you have a lighting question post it in the lighting forum (for which I am the mod) and I will do my best to reply and help you.

good work though, it's nice to see someone taking a real interest in the lighting side of things and not just throwing final gather and and saying it's lit user added image

:ninja;
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB