Thread: MAC vs PC
View Single Post
# 40 05-02-2007 , 03:22 PM
R@nSiD > 'IBM has not stopped manafacturing a home PC, and they still make units for business. Infact I own an IBM Itellistation thats 1 year old and is a dual Xeon 2.8. The MAC v's PC argument will live as long as the PC and Mac are being made.'

... that was a joke. The original IBM PC? Anyways...

I thought IBM sold their non workstation, server, supercomputer line to Lenovo a couple years back... They still make PCs????

gster123 > 'There basically saying that PC's need to restart and macs dont (hmm ive been on some of the newer ones that do), that Macs are Home Pc's not really for business, they both run office, (But dont say that you might need to get a sepperate os for extra cash), etc etc'

Is restarting really that bad that it can be a major selling point?

R@nSiD > 'Never believe what you see in advertising, marketing is all about misleading you to buy the product, with out actaully mis-selling it and stayin' as legal as possible.'

True. Anyone seen the Vista ads where you have all these people saying 'wow' to things like snow and then Vista? The only reason I can think of that will make me say 'wow' when I'm using Vista is when it crashes before I logon...

mirek03 > 'I think if you spent a lot of time on a mac I think you might get hooked (they ARE addictive).'

Hmm... Addictive hey? Wait, I think I'm getting a conspiracy theory! lol