View Single Post
# 9 19-03-2008 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
Ok-

I did not mean to be demanding at all. As a new guy too all of this, I saw something that was missing from tutorials out there. Although I hear and agree with most of what you guys are saying. My point is, I am new to modeling and I see a lot of confusing things for sale on different sites out there.

I do not mean to come across like I am the only one that is important, no not at all. I see something that would benefit all of us whom want to know the differences is all. There are new guys out there that you do not know that wish that they could find something like this.

I myself did a lot of research believe me before I found SimplyMaya, and it's what I saw from the others, something missing. The first thing that I said too myself was, I need to get back into Maya. The second thing that entered my mind was how do they model things like simple game characters to highly complicated images like Beowulf, and Golum. So I did some searching around and I saw different ways of going about this.

As I sat and wondered I said to myself "why is there not tutorial out there that would explain the difference between Low Poly modeling to High Res modeling. I think from a new guy stand point, looking into 3D modeling is very valid. What if one of the instructors get what I am saying. What if what your saying is wrong in regards to me or anyone else out there that's wondered about this very thing but did not ask.

There are guys and gals out there that's got it, but there's also those whom ask or think certain things such as this topic. Just because it's a different on does not make me a demanding guy, I am a customer that found this site and like what I see is all but also wanted to ask if the instructors would consider doing one like what I am asking for. What is so wrong with asking for something as a student too 3D that I feel could possibly benefit the library.

No insult to what's there. I just purchase a ton of the content already, but felt that something was missing, is all. Please do not take my request as something that might challenge ones way of thinking, it might just be of some help to all of us. After all like some of you said there are tons of ways to model, but from a new guys point of view, it's just a request, it's not meant to be a demand at all.

Please forgive me if I came off that way. But there are things out there that feels the same, meaning modeling tutorials, not that they are bad, just feel the same in some way.

With something like what I mention, would offer a different view or something to consider before starting to model, so that when going about it, one would have a good chance at making the right choices for whatever task. I think that this is a valid point. Yah see you have to step outside of what you know and do not assume anything when it comes to a new person to 3D. 3D alone is challenging, but if you can just go back to when you all first started out and think about how you went about asking for help, when it was there. Where you afraid to ask such silly things, within fear of sounding dumb or did you just ask because something about the course seemed missing and you spoke out, for advice.

Please go back to when you guys were brand new to modeling and be honest about some of y our confusions, and I bet you that some of you will remember, some small problem that you had but did not know how to ask the question or what ever the case might be.

Again please keep in mind that I mean no harm fro asking for such tutorial. Maybe, like I said, an instructor from this site, just might get what I am saying and consider it, just maybe.

Thanks, for all of you guys advice, and again I just purchase 12 tutorials from here and so far I am truly happy, but I would think that the instructors would be open to our opinions, do not block me out- just go back when you first started out and did not know a thing about modeling is all I ask, and also keep an open mind,, please.

Thanks,

Savnac

:attn: :attn:

Last edited by Savnac; 19-03-2008 at 11:22 PM.