View Single Post
# 10 19-03-2008 , 11:20 PM
Subscriber
MtMckenley-

I mention that about the clothes because I read somewhere that it's best to model out the body of a character and then borrow from it's parts to make clothes. To me it made sense.

I work in the professional industry drawing 2D cartoons and it's kinda like construction. When you draw a character, you must draw the construction first the apply the details of clothes costumes and so on to make it complete.

So when I read that about the modeling process, it made sense too me for some reason. But when I saw this modeler do it,, it really made sense "although you may never see the other parts of the body" as he stated, You will need this foundation for clarity and volume, is what he wrote.

So that why I mentioned that. not to change your way of modeling, it just made sense is all but I am open to other ways as well. I want to have an open mind about things and consider most possibilities to make sure that I have a good foundation with the characters that I plan on modeling.

Again I am open to other ways as I saw through most of the tutorials that I just purchased the other day.

Thanks,

Savnac:bow:

Last edited by Savnac; 20-03-2008 at 12:02 AM.