View Single Post
# 7 22-01-2004 , 04:46 PM

Originally posted by scopa
good movie... but my japanese girlfriend thought that it was too "all about tom cruise"

<--- spoilers from now on -->
-
-
-
-
-

her complaints were:

The village people liked him too much, to fast(only the sword fighting instructor seemed to have a "real" relationship with him)

Katsumoto shouldn't have spoke english (maybe his son, but if katsumoto was really tied to the old ways, he shouldn't have spoke english quite so well)

Tom shouldn't have rode his horse in the front with the leader

Tom should have died in the battle at the end

If he was the only survivor from the battle, and he didn't commit suicide, the village woman should have been mad. not happy to see him

The government wouldn't have tried to kill katsumoto with crossbows and swords, it would have been with guns.

The assins that tried to kill tom wouldn't have used swords (it was just a scene to show tom looking cool)

Katsumoto didn't seem to care at all about his brother-in-law dieing, but freaked out about his son.

Other than that, I think she liked it.

Personally, I thought I was pretty good, but after she let loose... I think she had some valid points.

oh, on a maya related note... there was one scene, in the final battle, where I think they used some form of MASSIVE. It was right after the samurai launched their ambush and engauged in close fighting... the camera pulls away, and all the fighting was a little off in terms of the lighting. Anyone know if this scene was a FX shot?

That is the problem with most Tom Cruise Movies, it is all about thim. Just like MI-2 - in almost everyscene you saw cruise, it was about cruise and other characters were just screen fillings.

So if this is the same type of movie then I will pass - But on the otherhand I train Kendo and Iaido and would liek to see how they are doing on the swordfighting part.

I saw Kill Bill and some things really annoy me about the movie - but it was entertaining enough.

What I also saw is that there is an increase at the dojo I train, now everyone wants to be like Tom Cruise ! :o

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk