View Single Post
# 50 19-06-2010 , 11:24 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by daverave
Hi Rhetoric Camel
I like some of your thinking but it is not for me to deside if Lightwave or Max are merged, you can do a lot in maya but you need other progammes to support it, I like your idea for a challange to have a dam burst...............dave

The dam breaking challenge has already happened, it was a while back, RageCG (I believe that's who it was) was running comps for a couple months while Mike was out. He did the dam breaking comp which had some nice results, using the effects in maya and a plate of a dam. Like I said I didn't know much about how to do that so I just sat back and watched.
He also did the Rube Goldberg challenge which I decided to join in, not knowing anything. I learned a few things but was unable to finish the comp due to personal issues at the time. It was a lot of fun though.

Merging wasn't that big of a deal, I just thought it would be possible but I saw some of the negatives of doing that and I agree, it would be a pain to keep organized and so on.

I definitely feel there needs to be some of the tutorials I mentioned above though. It could really help this site a lot. Lot's of people look for tutorials covering such subjects and end up at either Digital Tutors or Gnomon, I know I did.

- Mike

https://rhetoriccamel.blogspot.com