View Single Post
# 4 21-11-2005 , 11:42 PM
Subscriber
Jay,

Been admiring your work for some time now, and thank you for the comments user added image I just wish I had read them before I kept working on the model. I'm note -quite- sure what you meant about the polygon, but if you could point it out in the new mesh, I'd appreciate it user added image

I know what you mean with Zbrush, it's easy to jump into it and make all sorts of crazy stuff prematurely. I agree with you, but I think it's beneficial to use Zbrush as a bit of a conceptual tool. It's easy to crank up the details, and you can very quickly sculpt details, just to get a feel for the direction in which you're heading.

Currently I'm planning on trying to make a model and put it into HL2, and if I'm ambitious enough I might try to make some sparkling textures and normal maps using Zbrush, and see what it looks like in the Quake 4 / Doom 3 engines..

But here's what I've got so far. First is just obligatory playing around in Zbrush, of course user added image The others are the actual low-poly mesh. I realise the sternocleidomastoid muscle--from back of skull behind ears to thorax--is wrong. I'll amend that in the next version.

I still haven't used any other reference than Stahlberg's picture, so I was just making guesses at the the back of the head, but I think it will work, for now..

Again, I haven't done this before, so if you know of a better way to approach this, and feel you have the time to share it; please do user added image I'm not concerned about the polycount at this moment. It's at ~1000 tris at this moment, and considering the Alyx model for HL2's head is 3000+ tris, this is a good start as far as I'm concerned.. user added image

Thanks for your time, guys.

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image