View Single Post
# 8 30-08-2009 , 03:52 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by hammer.horror
At my work we use maya 2008 and shake. some people are learning nuke now, but shake is whats mainly used. user added image

i spoke to MPC and they said they are moving to nuke as there is no support for shake as only the sdk is available.
also spoke to the foundry and they seem to have a very long list of clients in london, so thats y im focusing on nuke

Originally posted by bendingiscool
Hey mate, hows it going?

Chucking every pass on is a bad idea, as a lot of them won't do anything practical with out an initial set up, plus lots of unnecessary render time.

The main stuff you need to know is that anything shadow/occlusion based is usually multipled in comp, and anything reflection/etc based is added.

Chris

not bad
found work yet?

im not rendering out every layer, i just want a dictionary of passes that i can use as a lookup for furture renders
i would be able to pick out what passes i have
i am writing an openEXR loader for nuke,
this list will automate the file loading in nuke, setting up all merges with correct operationa nad shuffles all in the correct order

i have got all the script working apart from the fact i dont know what the order or operations are, once i have these my script is finished
all i will do i create library's for the different renders like MR, vray , maxwell ect
this will let user select which is correct lib and it will load

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973

Last edited by pbman; 30-08-2009 at 03:55 PM.