View Single Post
# 7 28-03-2016 , 11:46 PM
Dynamesh is not too bad once you figure out the resolution settings to keep the details. It took me a bit as well to wrap my mind around it but the possibilities for making detailed stuff fast is crazy once you have a handle on it. The one thing about dynamesh is the ability to go back to quads on a duplicated subtool using the topology tool or if you're into the longer process re-top over all of it then just project the dymesh details on the new quad geo.

Keeping the details with dynamesh depends on the size of your geo also. So if your mesh is really small in z brush you will have to have a high setting in your dynamesh (goes up to 4000... usually around 1500 to 2000 is enough to keep the details I find). If your mesh is larger you will not need to have your settings up as high to get the same level of detail once you dynamesh (500 to 1000 seems like it works). If I have some free time I'll make like a 5 min capture so you can see it in action.

This is another project that will be printed in the near future as well. and is all dynameshed.

Attached Thumbnails

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb

Last edited by Kurt; 28-03-2016 at 11:49 PM.