Thread: Loading a MEL
View Single Post
# 19 12-04-2003 , 11:55 PM
Firstly, my maya directory isn’t C:\Documents and Settings\chris\My Documents\maya like most of you guys. For some reason it’s C:\Documents and Settings\chris\maya. Don’t ask me why this is cos I don’t know user added image , I tried to reinstall maya, but that didn’t change it, so I’ll have to live with it.

OK…here goes.

1. I put the GIJoe_icon.bmp in the folder C:\AW\Maya4.0\extras\icons (as instructed in the pixho.com instructions)

2. I put the GI_Joe.mel and GIJoe.lights files in the folder C:\Documents and Settings\chris\maya\4.0\scripts

3. I opened the file GI_Joe.mel in ConTEXT, went to the line 57 [which is string $pathL = "e:/vfx/mans/maya/scripts/GIJoe.lights"; ] and changed the path in that line to "C:\Documents and Settings\chris\maya\4.0\scripts\GIJoe.lights"; – that’s where it’s GIJoe.lights file is.

4. In maya I typed: source GI_Joe;
GI_Joe;

I pressed Alt+Enter to execute and the GI_Joe preload window appears.

5. I close the GI_Joe preload window and highlight the text entered in point 4. and drag it into the shelf and give it a name [GI_Joe]

6. I press the GI_Joe shelf icon and the GI_Joe preload window appeared.

7. I clicked Go Create and the following message appeared in the script editor: // Error: File not found.: C: Documents and Settingschrismaya4.0scriptsGIJoe.lights //

I tried all the following commands to get the slashed to appear:

C:\\Documents and Settings\\chris\\maya\\4.0\\scripts\\GIJoe.lights

C:\Documents and Settings\chris\maya\4.0\scripts\GIJoe.lights

C://Documents and Settings//chris//maya//4.0//scripts//GIJoe.lights

C:/Documents and Settings/chris/maya/4.0/scripts/GIJoe.lights

Each time I executed this command I got this syntax error: // Error: Syntax error //

Well, I’m doing everything the instruction ask for but it isn’t working user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....

Last edited by doodle; 13-04-2003 at 12:00 AM.