Thread: Male figure
View Single Post
# 10 31-12-2007 , 09:26 AM
Thanks for the crits arran.

Agreed on all points - the mouth was something I'd set aside until I had finished the teeth - I think you mean the transition between the outside and inside of the cheeks? It needs to be more rounded and have more of an obvious inner lip area (the area between the cheek and the inside of the mouth) and I'll get on this soon.

I've decided to clothe my character. My project is due in in May and I've a lot of other stuff to do, and I've already neglected other areas. I've got a couple of queries as to how best do this.

1) I think I'm going to split up my character as shown in the image; this will allow me to sculpt the arms and head in zbrush for more accuracy. I'll build another a t-shirt/vest that will overlap with the arms/neck and head (think this will be easier to bind and paint too). Any opinions on this? Especially regarding binding and skinning once it's seperate objects.

2) I'm going to look into building the vest roughly, then wrap deforming it to the original mesh (with torso) so that it retains some of the muscle shape. I've not used one of these before, so any advice or comments on this would be appreciated.

I have been avoiding doing this for a while but think it's the best idea given time.

Comments on this appreciated.

thanks,

gubar

Attached Thumbnails