Thread: New Playstation
View Single Post
# 9 29-05-2003 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
This isn't the new PlayStation. This product isn't from SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment), it's from Sony. It's more of a entertainment system.

I found this a IGN: https://ps2.ign.com/articles/421/421027p1.html

Couldn't be bothered to re-type so here's a cut & past of what i gonna say:

The PSX includes the PlayStation 2's Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer chips and will allow you to play PS2 games. But this isn't just a games system. The PSX also comes with a TV tuner, DVD recording capability and a 120 gigabyte hard disk. On top of this are USB 2.0 and memory stick support and a built-in Ethernet adapter.

I guess the hard drive is so you can save stuff using the TV tuner, kinda like TiVo, then burn in onto DVD.

I was gonna buy a new PS2 [my current one broke and only a 2 games play, no DVDs] but i may wait out for this. That is if it isn’t to expensive

well, it is just a game console. what you seen looks to me like a very clever advertisment. to steal the money from the people that think a game console is for lil kiddies. and think if they have a "home entertainment system" - it is an excuse to buy the games. "why not buy games, after all this thing can do it".