View Single Post
# 1 09-05-2008 , 09:53 AM
Subscriber

speed racer worst movie ever!!

after reading the CG article on popular science, knowing its directed by the Wachowski bros, and hearing the phenomenal techno on the trailer, I was pumped this whole week to go see the movie. I thought I was up for some sweet bullet time matrix action with modified speed automobiles along with action-packed techno[like in the trailer] but it was a huge disappointment. probably the worst movie I have ever seen with an official F rating. which is very ironic because the Wachowski bros made "the matrix" which was my alltime favorite movie. what happened???????????why would they do that?????? At first I was confused why Keanu turned down the role but now I understand. This movie had no style similar to the matrix and the storyline was rather predicatable with cheesy comedy. the flik had no techno but instead was covered with 60s looney toons soundtracks. i understand a lot of the cg environment is suppose to keep in style but is it really aesthetically pleasing? for me I didn't think so and the picture didn't seem very interesting to look at. It wasn't like Sin city which had a very unique and aesthetically appealing look to it in my opinion. and on the opening night about 90% of the theater was empty. I probably misunderstood the trailer and I think this was more for a family/children audience.

what did you guys think of this movie?