View Single Post
# 33 16-05-2008 , 08:58 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Guys

I appreciate the comments, but without sounding too harsh - they are in fact wasted on me here. The main reason is the show has already aired...

Also I wasnt actually in control of the overall design process for these characters except from a modeling and technical process. there were times when I did have a say with the VFX Director as I felt he wasnt happy with some aspects of the designs too.

NeoStrider:

Have a look at my comment with regards to Katie Holmes/Cruise hairdo, you'll understand why it is like it is. Again not completely my design. I spent a few days working on her as she was a rebuild - someone else built one in jeans and a tshirt originally, so this was redone from the ground up.

Madonnas crotch, LOL yeah theres a reason for it and I'll post it later

Just like to make you aware too, and believe me this was a shock when I did these, was the fact that the Character designer doesnt do 3d, or have an understanding of the technical terms, that us dudes need to do in order to create these things, but he understood form as he also had a sculpting background.

I like to think when you go in on this type of thing certain aspects need to be understood in order to create a decent product, this goes from design to the final rendered shot. I see alot of concept artist jobs that require an understanding and experience of 3d so...

anyway blah blah blah...

Jay