Thread: Kitchen
View Single Post
# 53 03-01-2011 , 04:56 AM
Lifetime Member
Sweet mate!!! at least you found the problem...can I ask why you are smoothing?? I never use it any more...I just use the 'smooth preview' or are you running an earlier version of Maya??

cheers bullet

EDIT: I think again (brain pain) that it comes down to Maya and its interpolation of a grid...whether UV based or geo based (smoothing)...I could be wrong but its the same issue I deal with when producing a terrain model for machine control in road building. If the triangles in the mesh are too close or vary too much in 'Z' (which means height chirone he he he he) then the motor grader computer tries to adjust its 3m blade a thousand times per metre. In my case its hard as I have to reduce the amount of triangles to get the machine to accept the model...but when I use Maya I have to remember that less triangles (quads) isnt always what is required. The way it works with UV's still has me puzzled in a way...ctbram may enlighten me but I THINK UV's are basically projected onto the 'skin' geo but can be moved anywhere on the skin but is subject only to change in direction?? (without altering the geo) I think I just confused myself but I know what I mean LOL.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 03-01-2011 at 05:13 AM.