View Single Post
# 18 28-07-2008 , 02:02 PM
Subscriber
the most noticeable thing about the tv is it is far too rounded.
A tv has buttons correct? where could you place the buttons? I know just looking at my tv, there are far too many cables and wires. It has ventilation holes. Even the base has some edge detail, a little valley if you will to trim it out. While the rod holding the tv to the base is rather simple, it is not a basic primitive.
If you'd like some reference images of what I'm talking about I can hook ya up no problem.

The most important thing I can identify with your tv that would add significant realism is the finer details. The things that your average person would notice.
For your best test, take it to people who do not work with 3D and ask them what looks off.

As for materials, from what I've noticed a lot of newer tvs, the flat panels and such. They often have a glossy plastic border/frame. But upon closer inspection it is a thin layer of clear plastic on a black plastic piece.

As far as your starting basic materials. A Blinn is a good place to start. there are so many different things you can do to adjust the look of it. But start with some basic values, if you know what they do, great. Render out a few with different settings, and show them to people, see what they think looks good. And go from there. If you need some specifics answered come back to these boards, there are many of us who'll help i'm sure. I'm getting better with lighting/texturing, but I know there are better folks on the boards here.

Keep up the good work!

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”