View Single Post
# 19 26-07-2011 , 07:36 AM
Administrator

I second that user added image !

Add me!
To address some comments made here with so much amazing work not every piece got the recognition it should have had and no matter who won someone would have disagreed. This same thing happened for the previous challenge as well and we've tried to post a very detailed description for the next challenge to prevent it from happening again. The term favorite toy was explained as a childhood toy or something more adult like your current favorite gadget which could mean pretty much anything nowhere did it say that it had to be from your childhood specifically and anyway how would we know. A negative comment directed towards a winning entry doesn't bring any sensible discussion but is simply offensive and hurtful to its maker so a better way to express your view rather than taking a slap at someone else's work if in disagreement with who won is to just mention the entries you felt were worthy of a place that didn't make it (as many people here have). There's the WIPs for leaving these comments and the best part about these challenges is peer review which I think is far more valuable than what a jury says about your work based on a final image which can always be questioned and seen as biased or highly subjective anyway.

I like the winning entries but as well nukefr had a fantastic model in the challenge with the tank, I thought s2-speedy's turtles were great both because of the amount of work that went into them and because of the funny presentation, I loved both the lego projects and think the final renders were beautiful as well I'm a fan of Stitch, joshpurple had a great WIP thread and superb attitude which helped lift the whole challenge. And you can go on like this about every entry so is it fair who won and who didn't? Maybe not. Does it matter in the end? I think not. As someone already said everyone's a winner here.

So again, congratulations to everyone who entered you did great and definitely much better than I could have done for sure user added image We did our best to be fair but it really isn't that easy in a case like this.
Nilla