Thread: Escape Studios
View Single Post
# 15 17-09-2004 , 06:42 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Pure_Morning
[snip]... i would imagine the master's one would be better due to the amount of time available) i know who I would pick.

However in saying that this industry doesnt care what qualifications you've got as long as you can do the job...

[snip]
user added image
Alan

I submit: What of the individual artisan, who, with monotonous regularity, does lots of problem solving and has to really figure it out? The artisan with an intimate understanding born of experience? Pity you cannot imagine which would be better due to the quality of time invested. While I applaud the benefits of "University" and Industry Specific educations, I for one believe you might be in for a few surprises in your lifetime from self taught artisans.

Originally posted by lisa_gonzalez
[snip] . . . Just trying to learn Maya off your own back I imagine to be very difficult from scratch - but there are some excellent tuts on this site!! I've learned sooo much just from here, and the help that all the wonderful people who use this site have given me. user added image

At the end of the day, its your reel that will get you noticed, so keep up the good work Tim_LIVID,[snip]

Congratulations, Tim Livid. I am one of the self taught artisans out here. I am transitioning from 2D to 3D. I know this industry to judge on ability and talent, not necessarily on degree or institution attended. You cannot go wrong with the course you have chosen. Good luck to you.

t3

Last edited by t3logy; 17-09-2004 at 06:51 AM.