View Single Post
# 1 10-03-2006 , 07:13 AM
Subscriber

BONUS TOOLS???????????

OK, I just got a news letter from 'auto-desk' telling me how great the future will be now Alias has joined forces with them..??

Be that as it may, while there I downloaded the bonus tools (which by the looks of it I should have done ages ago) for unlimited 6.5.

Q; I loaded them straight from the C:/temps/zip folder, into C/mirek/documents/Maya 6.5.

they seems to have made their way there OK and there's a folder called 'bonus tools' (funny about that) within the maya 6.5 folder located; C:/my documents/mirek/Maya 6.5/ bonus tools.

Is this all i have to do, there was a confusing paper from whence it came explaining how to load the tools properly. 'go to the text editor, do this and that, the plug ins folder, blah blah??'

can some one tell me how or what to look for to see they are correctly placed. I can't see anything new in; preferences/plug ins.., within the Maya app, eg; windows, preferences/ plug ins.

there are some tools in the app I thought were new but I just may be wanting to see what I want to see in ignorant hope.

Any advice??

how do I use them, I don't mean a tut, just what's the best way to learn. I noticed there is a lot of referance material within the bonus tools folder anyway, I'll get to that when I am sure they are actually functional.

take it easy and life will be easy