Thread: Mi - 24 Hind
View Single Post
# 17 24-10-2010 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber
Think Ive got an idea which I like ofr the scene/setting. God knows if i'll ever see this out or be able to do it. But the idea thats formulating is thus... The helicopter is going to be on some kind of landing pad, in one of those big sci-fi settings like in The Matrix. The camera will basically pan in an onto the helicopter, then it will start up, and fly away into the distance. Got an idea how to do the background, though not sure whether it will work. Im thinking of basically kind of matte painting, and then, keeping the geometry very simple, break it up to use it as a texture map. Basically like skyscrapers but on their side, as if theres loads of little lights everywhere in the back there. Whether they'll show up as 'lights' im not sure, but im thinking I can screen or linear dodge that layer over itself in AFX or something, to make it more effective. And then I might do a second matte painting to show the outside world to the right, mostly sky but maybe a couple of buildings or something.

Challenge and a half... or just a nice idea in theory...hmm

Attached Thumbnails