View Single Post
# 10 07-04-2011 , 12:29 AM
Wow, it sounds like you're all taking turns blasting away on Antony82. I'm sure he meant that the free tutorials were not as helpful as he needs them to be for his specific project he's wanting to do. I personally believe the tutorials would benefit him but the way everyone responded was a little distasteful to me. I think it could have been dealt with a little bit more maturely. Antony82 sounded like he was trying to be nice, not hateful. He probably just used a bad choice of words but nobody even stopped to ask what he meant.

Also, not everyone's is going to automatical assume that what we do takes years to learn. I have a good friend that thought it was easy stuff until he actually tried and only then did he realize the full scope of cg art. But I wouldn't consider him an idot for not knowing. That would mean I'm an idiot too because I thought that doing a walk cycle would be pretty simple. I didn't realize it was difficult until after I tried.

As far as money goes, I think that was a bit unfair too. For example, there is no way that I could afford one of the tutorials right now unless someone gave me the money. I don't eat out, I don't smoke, drink, or buy anything that I can hold back on. I have a wife with rheumatoid arthritis who can't work and after being laid off from my job, we can't afford anything right now. If it wasn't for having a great landlord and great friends, we'd be on the streets.

I hope I'm the only one that feels this way though. I think too much was read into Antony82's comments and that it was blown out of proportion. My wife read everyone's comments too and her response was "Whoa!". She was very surpised to read those comments and so was I. I don't know, maybe everyone was just having a bad day and Antony82 was just caught in the middle.

This post is negative so I'll understand if it's removed. I just couldn't read all that without saying something. And I hope you all don't hate me now. It just seemed like a lot of unjustified rudeness for a site that is built on Helpfullness, Encouragement, Teamwork, etc.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!