View Single Post
# 22 24-06-2010 , 08:01 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Jay
That dupe special key is a godsend where I come from. Why people dont use it I'll never know. You can set objects the exact same space apart without arsing with snapping and guess work. Its very cool for architectural work , for pillars and stuff. LOZ Im surprised you arent a fan, especially being a so called hardsurface guru. That command is in my tool box for sure

cheers
Jay

I use the command quite often mate, but not the short cut. Generally i have to change the settings in the option box each time i use the command again, for instance duplicating negative across x, then duplicating negative across y right after. the shortcut wont open the options box for me, so i have a shelf button for the DsO. if for some reason i am duplicating two separate objects with the same parameters then i will use the shortcut key, its just rare the i need the keyboard short cut for it.

make sense?

@ Perfecto & Bullet....funny that you use shift-d for that, the actual short cut is mapped to "D" normally i just hit caps lock and press d....less key strokes. or I'll press Shift-d and then g until i am done.

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!