Thread: Island help
View Single Post
# 23 13-07-2008 , 11:50 AM
Subscriber
looks like a vue scene.., those are definitely trees from the vue system.., the ocean looks like the vue infinite ground plane.., or realwave.., either way.., this doent look like maya at all..., but i could be wrong.., dam good work in maya if i am wrong.., but for vue.., this could almost be a preset. that is the thing about software.., one has to show what they can do.., not what the software can do.., that is a trap for me in vue.., stick with maya or you are in danger of getting overloaded and confused.., burnout material, believe me.

this is a small community (CGI).., most have done all the tuts and used all the different software.., people know the look. careful when making your reel to not make the mistake of doing tuts and such things.., thats showing off the software, not your skills.

i have tried an island scene in maya and its hard if you dont (its hard anyway) understand softbodies, artisan, texture, low poly limits, .., there are a lot of work flows invlved.., PFX, ocen shaders and such..

this is no small task.., but you will learn a lot if you can see it through.

nothing wrong with using vue.., they used it for the pirates of the Caribbean. the render times are a killer.

take it easy and life will be easy