View Single Post
# 4 24-02-2009 , 01:28 PM
Senior Software Developer
Crits are a positive aspect of people looking at your work (ok, not all are but you ignore the pointless crits and concentrate on the ones giving advise).

Stating I know how to model does show a slight arrogance, there are people who have done this for a long time and are still learning new tips and techniques in every aspect of the pipeline.

Wires are important, just because you render looks ok does not mean the mesh is any good. You will learn that the hardway, if you are having problems.

I always do projects in chunks... Doing a full scene in one go is complex and costly, so break it down into chunks and only import the other models of scale or referece, then composite the renders or import all models into a final scene and render.

I will shortly be re doing my Nintendo Wii Model and render as an accidental data issue means I lost all of my old Maya, XSI and Realflow projects. I will be modelling the different elements of that seperately and then bring them together for a final render and testing.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)