View Single Post
# 42 08-01-2011 , 04:24 AM
Good question Chirone. I'm going to take Jay's suggestion and try adding some foilage around the base of the sign and hope that does the trick. Not sure about the lamp though. I still havn't found a texture I like yet but I'm still searching. Hopefully a decent texture will help.

When I'm ready to composite, I'm going to zoom way in on the photo to see the pixels and hope I can use that to make my objects match as far as blur and grain. I also need to get the opacity of the shadows to match the photo as well as the color of the shadows. Sadly if you look at the photo at the beginning of my post you'll see that the shadows and lighting changes from one side of the photo to the other. I didn't notice that when I chose the photo..otherwise I would have kept searching. That's ok though, I don't mind the challenge.

If I move the lamp into the grass as suggested by bullet, I can make it look like the grass is overlapping the base of the lamp and that might help it fit in. Not sure I want to move it though..still debating. My wife and son think's it looks better on the sidewalk as do I but that might only be because of what we are used to seeing.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!