Thread: lamp outside
View Single Post
# 3 17-03-2009 , 05:19 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Chirone
i really quite like the lamp, a simple design and nice colours. Although i wonder why the bulb is only partially inside the lamp.

The lighting looks cool though. If you're using mental ray, you should increase the shadow rays and light angle on the light, the shadows are too crisp on the edges. If you're using dmap shadows then i think its the... i forget what it is you increase, resolution? i don't have maya in front of me... i'm just procrastinating at work...

the wall is cool too

the graffiti is a nice touch, looks like someone actually painted it on with spray paint. Doesn't look like the graffiti you get around here though :p

the diagonal block things in the window holes (sorry, i don't know the names of such objects) look out of place. might be the material on them. What are the windows and the diagonal objects made of?

Thanks Chirone. The bulb looks just like that from the reference I modeled from and the litle gate thing in the window space is from the same reference. I didn't know what it was either just looked interesting. I assumed the reference pic is from a building in europe somewhere. I left the shadows hard so I would have real strong contrast. Thanks for the crits.