View Single Post
# 3 02-09-2005 , 12:28 AM
Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time with that website. Sounds like they have some real issues. I can say that I know your pain. I was in Iraq 2 years ago myself when I was in the Marine Corps. Unfortunately, I didn't have the luxury of a laptop but an infantryman rarely ever does, hehe. Anyways, I generally refrain from giving advice so don't take this as such. Rather, I'll just point out what I might do if I were in your position.

You might try contacting customer support once more and asking to speak to the representative's supervisor. Reason for this is that a rep can't really help you. They are given strict guidelines to follow and they're just trying to get through thier 8 hour work day as smoothly as possible, whether they actual provide any real help to the customer or not. Once you're in communication with the supervisor, explain to him/her (a) your general dis-satisfaction with the customer service department, (b) your utter disgust with thier policy of not shipping/providing download services for american service men/women deployed overseas, and finally (c) explain that if he can't offer a solution, you have no choice but to compose a strongly worded letter and submit it to the editor of your local hometown newspaper back home as well as to the webmasters of CG related websites in order that it might be published in thier "Latest News" sections.

In your conversation with him/her be sure to let them know just how disgusted your are by thier discriminating practices. That word, "discrimination" is a real attention-getter. Stay calm and collective, yet forceful in your manner of speaking. Let them know they can't just brush you aside with an "I'm sorry, that's just our policy" type of response. Demand a solution to the problem and if the situation is going favorably, an apology as well.

Well, like I said, these are just a few things I might do under the given circumstances. Take what I've said and do with it what you will. Good luck to you in this and all your endeavors, and as always, be safe.