View Single Post
# 9 06-12-2011 , 10:36 PM
Is the instructor teaching any of this stuff or is he just dumping you in the deep end of the pool and saying figure it out or drowned I don't care which?

You could loft a set of section curves like the fuse from this thread https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35873

Or you could start from a cylinder and model the right side of the body shape from that.

Or you could draw a curve along the top profile and the bottom and loft between those two curves and then add edge loops one at a time and message them using the top and front image as a guide.

But I think the easiest for a beginner would be start with a plane at the front and then extrude it back along the length of the body adjusting the verts to the image planes as you go. Adjust the verts at the top, and bottom, and belt line first as you can see those in silhouette from the reference images and the in between edges you will have to just adjust by feel.

I don't want to go into to much detail as this is a school project. But if the teacher has not demonstrated any of this stuff I am not sure how you are supposed to figure it out without asking for help from someplace or looking for tuts online.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 06-12-2011 at 11:11 PM.