View Single Post
# 8 14-10-2004 , 06:51 AM
Well, I have ordered a 3" sphere from huge a ball-bearing, from SKF in denmark.

After reading a bit more on the subject, I realised that the gazing balls dont give the perfect reflections, since the stainless steel ones is supposedly to have tiny ripples from production in them, which equal non-perfect reflections.

And the glass ones break easily and have an extra set of reflections from the glass that covers the ball.

Ohh and they are not 100% spherical.

But the ball bearings are. So now im just waiting for my brother in law to go and pick it up for me.

The price for a 3" chrome solid stainless steel ball bearing is 13$ +25% Danish VAT = 115 DKr. That is like 1/4 the price of a gazing ball.

I am also waiting for my new digital camera (havn't bought it yet, still in the stages of getting accept from the wife user added image ), but I am going for a Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z3, with Anti shake, macro funtions, 12x Optical Zoom and 4x Digital zoom (who cares about digital zoom, Photoshop makes it prettier anyway hehe) - It is ugly like hell, but it is probarbly the best digicam you can get at that price.

If any danes need the adress to where I bought the mirrorball, then throw me a private message, I have phone numbers, adress, item number and stuff you can get from me.

Anyway, Thanks alot for your help guys.

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S