Thread: ermmm what the?
View Single Post
# 11 15-12-2006 , 09:27 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dave_baer
It's nothing weird at all. In fact it's a natural occurance. The wires in your speakers are acting like radio antennae. When you run electricity through a wire it acts like an antennae. Do you live near an airport? If not then you may be picking up transmissions from airplanes as the pass overhead.

There are so many radio waves travelling in the air at one thime you never know what you'll pick up. The two guys talking at the party? Probably exactly that. They happen to be talking on a cell phone. Cell phones use microwaves to transmit their signals. Do you live near any microwave towers?

hey Dave, your exactly right and you said the same thing as my brother. probably the coil's in the speakers were so tangled around enough so it acts like an antenna.

the question you asked which were, "Do you live near an airport? & Do you live near any microwave towers?". my anwser is yes to both of them really...i live about 15km's from the nearest airport and about 3-4 km's to acouple of big(there really massive, one of the poles is about 150meteres+) radio/transmiting/microwave antennas.

Want some real fun? Strip a wire, wrap it tight around a piece of copper and juice it up with voltage. Voila! An electromagnet! user added image

ahaha yeah ived tried that in class ... pretty fasinating user added image also today i have heard lots more things such as an american old man is talking to his docter about his illness or what not, didnt want to be rude so i turned off speakers ... later on that day ived been starting to hear a techno beat which goes for 30 secs but has been reaping itself for about 1hour, so i just reseted my computer so i dont hear that sound and and can listen to my own music.. hehe user added image

well thanks for reply guys, didnt really think this would get alot of replys. looks like this mystory is solved but not 100% sure that but most likely it is,

cheers guys, marlon

Last edited by marlonjohn; 16-12-2006 at 08:56 AM.