Thread: Lotus Elise
View Single Post
# 4 09-07-2007 , 05:12 PM
excellent car, that too is my favorite along with the Lotus Exige, excellent manufacturer, havent built up the skills to do it justice yet.

Anyway, to the model- It looks to me like you have a lot of geometry on the side/door area of the car that you will probably use later, but for the stage your at right now all that extra geometry will either get in the way, slow your down or possibly cause enough problems you might need to start whole sections over. Remember you always want to have the absolute least amount of polygons you need to manipulate in order to affect your model. And if you cant get the result you need with what you have then you add more strategically where you need.

Im not sure because of the angle but it looks like none of the paneling on the car is lining up correctly. You might also want to double check you have all your polygons 4 sided, i think i see several 5+.

Finally on a Lotus Elise the windshield is really curvy, from the view it looks as if its flat.

You may also want to mold the headlight housing directly out of the car for a smooth transition than try and get that sphere to work.

If you need a hand and im on my AIM handle is in my sig. ide be glad to help any way i can, if i can.