Thread: Mi - 24 Hind
View Single Post
# 46 30-10-2010 , 11:10 PM
Subscriber
I hope thats a good thing Murambi...

Mastone. Good of ya to do that, it's good to get other peoples take on things. Thanks. ...yeah, not toooooo subtle on the DOF there,(!) but I think I get where you're going with it. I like the colouring of the second image...I was playing around with PS's photo filter to alter the overall tone, and arrived at slightly more of an aquatic blue which I quite liked...I lowered the contrast and saturation aswell. How did you arrive at that browny colour scheme? I mean, did you use adjustment layers? Which ones?

Im still sort of toying i guess with what Im doing with this.I think Id like to add some more geometry, perhaps model out a building or something on the back right there, I ok I think with the cliff to the left, but the one on the right doesnt match up, scale wise, I dont think. I got given a folder chock full of reference cliff photos from a matte painter, and found in there one I liked for the background, but which only fits in better if the timing changes to daytime.... but I like the built in fog/mist it brings with it.

What's a pain, is that I didnt bookmark the camera view this render was taken from, so, when I go back to remodel the other stuff, I'll have to try matching up the image, but I wouldnt mind a little of the left (as we look at it) wing, sticking out a bit.

Attached Thumbnails