Thread: Simply ZBrush
View Single Post
# 12 13-10-2011 , 04:37 PM
@Mayaniac - Yeah the whole proportions thing I kind of stuck toward the standard biped so that I could throw it on a rig. It is built off a 8 head scale and the proportions match that exactly based off the ZBrush floor. Just threw stuff together to see how it all played since I had not actually used Dynamesh at all prior to doing this thing. The real test will be to see how I displace the parts to merge different skin patches. As far as the muscles are concerned I agree that it did lack that detail but mainly because I was gonna do it after the retopo. I enjoy muscular structure and seeing how all of the pieces play. Knowing the names and connection points. I attached some earlier study pieces from around July just for the heck of it. Not natural but just allowing to show the insertion points.

I really find that people onZBrushcentral make these elaborate poses and this makes the thing impossible to rig. I plan on giving most of these away when I finish so that people in C4D can actually use them to animate. Just not a large market for it and I want to help facilitate this.

Thanks for the critiques though because I have gotten several comments on adding the muscles and it does honestly look better having done so. The "Frill" (Didn't know it was called that)around the neck is also something I have toyed with. Still up in the air as to whether make his back deep bumpy scales to transition to skin or a thick layer to surround the neck. Gonna have to think over that one....

Kind of always saw this guy as a dignitary or scholar when modeling him. A lover not a fighter.

Attached Thumbnails