View Single Post
# 106 10-09-2010 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
woh...hey, thanks fellas, i wasnt expecting that. i like this way, but the film still way seemed professional looking to me, at least with how i can see it down the road. but i do like this way also.

chirone: i basically followed the steps from the tutorial mentioned above. it was a dark zbrush render with a little fog, then adjusted in ps - firstly with the gradient tool to get some patches of light, then just kept playing, adding al's (hue, curves, contrast etc) and flattening it all, duplicating and layering back over with different blend modes (screen, colour, linear dodge), and repeating those steps a few times till i got something i thought was alright. just painted the blue glow eye and some blue fog on the left with a cloud brush to finish. there was a high pass filter screened over the top at one point too, which was a new one on me...got that from the tut too.

the good thing about this way is that it was very small dimensions, so i could easily double or treble the size, plus i could render an alpha layer too, to more easily add some background, and i could polypaint him up too, so theres lots of room for progress/experimentation