View Single Post
# 3 28-12-2010 , 12:25 AM
Subscriber
Maya appears to remember where the windows were when you last opened (usability reasons i suspect)

if you're on windows you can easily get the windows back onto your first monitor without having to plug in a second monitor.

- use the hot key or menu to open the window
- that should bring the window into focus.
- without clicking anywhere hit alt+space, that gets you the right click menu on the menu bar
- hit enter (it should be 'move' highlighted) and hit an arrow key. then move your mouse and the window will follow it.
easy. user added image
you can try it out first on a window in your first monitor, that way you know what's happening. sometimes windows have 'restore' highlighted first and you have to hit down to get to move.

if you're using windows 7 you can use the window + left arrow to get it to change side.

if you're using mac i assume it'll show up in that stupid spaces thing (although macs realise they don't have a second monitor so it would probably just appear on your first one anyway)

its not that you can't open it, its that you are opening it but it's off screen..

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D