View Single Post
# 9 12-03-2005 , 04:31 PM
Subscriber
LOL user added image

As a matter of fact, I tried even "bump"mapping actually. But I didn't get any result. I wouldn't mind to paint the maps, so if U could tell me (step-by-step) how would you do with "displacement" I'd be glad to know ;-)

The "geometry and particles based solution" is nice, but I can't get a full control over it.
If I make it "rain" from above and raise the resillance of the can i can keep some drops stucked on it but I have alot of others floating around the object.
If I set the can as the emitter, once I choose "Surface", particles are emitted from the surface of the object (really?) and float ond the outside of it.
If I choose "Random", particles starts from inside of the object and get stucked (almost) at the surface but they even get alligned along UVs (I guess) giving a pretty unnatural look:
user added image
Apart from all this i still can't figure out how to make particles have a random size, or connect between them as real water would do... and so on... :/

Well, you see...
It's looking like I'm not actually working on a "can"; I'm probably working on a... "can't"! :p

Hey... What about having yourself a break and go out to buy that "3D World Magazine" with the tutorial you mentioned and post/send me even a quick scan of the tut-part?
Don't worry... I'll send you back a quick scan of the money you've spent! :p

ciĆ 
ale

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs,
it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation.