Thread: Car Park
View Single Post
# 12 02-08-2010 , 02:41 AM
Yeah i just checked i've actually done the 350 z 4 times now. I just finished a 2005 Toyota Celica GT-S, last night so i'm thinking of giving the 350 a go again. Its a great car to model with its long flowing lines and simple body style. I might post a wip thread of my celica as i took screen shots of my whole process too.

The only reason i was able to make it through doing the same project so many times was the realization of how much better is was coming out and how much faster i was doing it. That's why i suggest a large time gap between them for a noticeable improvement.

And i highly suggest drawing in your spare time, it doesnt have to be great either, just a simple orthographic sketch, several times in sketches i plan to model i will even sketch out where i need to do edge loops and how to do the wire for awkward edges and angles. Once you understand how the program reacts to things you can plan ahead to compensate for them, and even how to eliminate them entirely. I've saves hours of time on models by simple sketching something from memory as best as i could, because even though you may think you know how something goes together sketching it helps you understand how all the parts fit.