View Single Post
# 3 06-05-2011 , 07:30 AM
Subscriber
Hi Acid44,

Thanks for your response, unfortunately the issue occurred on one of our classroom computers, which our IT department have set up so we can only access basic functions [like switching it on and off again and using some of the installed software] so,unfortunately, getting access to proper diagnostics isn't really an option! Our computer labs are notorious for the strange and bewildering number of glitches, bugs and general crappiness! user added image

I figured I'd pose the question just in case someone had encountered this issue so I can cross it off the list of specific software/hardware issues we have at the school, which we are forced to live with - I've been searching online for references to similar cases and have come up with nothing. All my work colleagues, like-wise, have never come across this occurrence.

My student has resigned himself to restarting his lost work and the class has learnt that most-valuable and age-old lesson - make multiple back-ups of everything on separate storage devices... frequently!

Oh well!

Thanks so much again for the response! [I'll check out Pandora for my home systems!]

Cheers!

Simon