View Single Post
# 33 16-05-2003 , 06:09 AM
Okay, I wanna jump in here now. user added image

I'm still working on my renders of my first short film and tho they don't totally suck yet, I'm having trouble getting that GI look I'm really going for. With the picture I added below, I'm using RealFakeGI shaders, GI Joe and various lights in the scene suggested from a book I bought called the Maya 4.5 Handbook. I love the room layout and the way Adam Watkins mentions using Area lights above my sconces to reflect the creation of "bounced" lights. For the sconces themselves, I'm using Point lights.

I have three spotlights above three poster frames and I'm not sure using Nem's techniques on all of my lights in the scene would work for good GI lighting. I'm kinda frustrated here because I know I'm on the right track... I just ain't connecting here. ;P Do I need to get rid of all of my RFGI shaders and just use GI Joe or get rid of GI Joe and use the shaders with Nem's technique? Can I do this and get a bit of an eerie feel to my scene.. unfortuneately, it's an indoor scene. user added image If you guys and gals have any good suggestion, please holler! user added image

Thanks a mill!
Russell

Russell Bolding
CEO/Founder - Russelltopia Studios
Web:https://www.russelltopia.com
Email:russbo@russelltopia.com