View Single Post
# 43 12-08-2008 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by amoeba
I just started making the ocular, whatever it is called in english. The thing you lppl through.

i'm going to assume you meant to spell "lppl" as "look" just because p is next to o and k is next to l on the keyboard

i think you're wanting the word lens... unless there are more technical labels when it comes to telescopes

as for the dinosaur tutorial.... i think that was the point where i stopped paying attention to the tutorials and wanted to start making gundams...

and i just took a look at the relevant part now...

i've never actually seen anyone paint bumps on...
i've only seen people create UVs for the object, then layout the uvs, take a uv-snapshot and paint in greyscale the bump map in a image editing software.

now, when you assign a new material (or edit the material attributes you can assign stuff to the bumpmap option there in the common material attributes

then you get a choice of 3d or 2d textures (click the checkered box) and you can also assign your painting as the bump from the file button.

btw, if you don't have photoshop, which appears to be the thing that everyone uses, you can also use gimp, which is open source and free

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D