View Single Post
# 145 25-02-2006 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
Hi T1ck, gone for a while, came back, and you're deepely in with it already.
Cool looking. Last one looks a bit like a dusty teddy cause of shadow casting but I like the toiuch of it though heheuser added image

The only small detail (if you still got time ...), maybe have this short and dense fur of the upper lip goin' a bit more till the end of the curve, so that you can get rid of these long hairs almost within the mouth. (Split surface for hairs or density/cut maps at this place ?)

Well, apart from that, about the problem all I can tell so far would be lowering maybe the shadow casting intensity within your shave node globals.

Also lowering the gloss, selfShadowing, amb/diff. within the shaveNode/MatProperties, as we can see on page 22.

Play also maybe a bit more with the tip splay, if you want to lower kinda some wet effect, which I like though, also.

Hope it helps, as you're on fire user added image and close to s&h trial's exp user added image

ps: sharpness of the eye highlight is a bit too blurry imho, well, it's more like he's goin' old and blind soon :blush: . Or is it a default black blinn so far ?

Gogogogo user added image

Last edited by Pyrus; 25-02-2006 at 02:47 PM.