View Single Post
# 4 30-08-2006 , 11:51 AM
As its your final year project you are meant to try and push yourself which might mean learning a new software and demonstrating your knowlage with it and other applications (such as creating a small part in maya coupled with video editing with real footage to complete the outline of your project.

When I did my project I concentrated on the comaprison between real life dynamics situations and computer generated ones (using maya) and then added the bells and whistles of it being composited using After effects and edted with Avid.

What I would do its start off with simple tutorials creating things from primitives to try and build up part of the scene that you require.

One direction you could push your project into is camera mapping techniques to create a 3d photorealistic world using photographs taken of your uni then using primitives objects map themn using the photos then move a camera through this scene for your project.

This way you can concentrate on one aspect of the programme and not using everything within it (makes it easier for you to actually do and write up as you will gain more knowlage of one aspect and the various techniques)

Hope this ramble makes sense