View Single Post
# 1 28-10-2006 , 11:14 PM

Rigging problem....Please help!

Ok, I was rigging a character in Maya 7, as I've done plenty of times, and I have run into a problem. For some reason, after placing an IK Handle from my arm root bone to my arm turn bone (right after the elbow, in the forearm area), I try to place the IK effector's manipulator onto the arm end bone via the insert button. But now, it is causing some strange issues with the skeleton, making it twist and turn in every direction as I try to move the manipulator to it's desired location. I do this so that I can control the arm from the wrist, not the forearm, and it always has worked in the past. But, like I said, now it cannot be done. I have even tried deleting the entire rig and starting over, but it is still doing it. The only thing I can say that may of caused this is that I tried importing the Maya Biped Example into the scene. It all started after that. But, I have deleted everything to do with the biped from the scene, and it is still happening. Any suggestions? Btw, I've surpassed the noob status in Maya, but I figured this was apart of the basics, so I posted it here :p