View Single Post
# 77 18-01-2010 , 08:35 PM
Subscriber
The original series had no nose art on their vipers.
On the BSG 75, there were three instances that i know of of art on the vipers.
when the galactica first found the Pegasus and boarded the pegasus for the first time, there was a commend about Marking kills of Cylon raiders on the sides of the vipers, and showed a viper with the raider silhouettes on it one for each kill.

#2, the Laura (Stealth ship that Cheif teryl designed and build on the galactica. The word laura was scribed on the nose in fancy lettering to commemorate the president of the colonies.

the laura was signed by each member of the Galactica Flight crew who assisted with acquiring parts for it, or assembly
( as a side note if you pay attention you'll see both Richard Hatch's signature and Edward James Olmos's signature on it was well, story is they snuck on the set right before fimling the scene and signed their real names on the Laura Prop unbeknown to anyone at the time.

I have never seen it, but have heard of a scene that was cut in the original series that was a flash back scene, that was supposedly a scene of Commander Adama from the original series as a Nugget, what had nose art on his viper in the form of his call sign " Husker" at the end of the nose, not in the normal place below the canopy, again i've never seen this though.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!