View Single Post
# 39 16-02-2004 , 09:54 PM

Originally posted by roach105
lower end cards like GeForce and Radeons are made more for gaming which fully supports DirectX while the highend cards Support Open GL.

I must say i disagree with that ruling, as both cards, imho, use the open GL & support it, i might even add FAIRLY (!), as well as DirectX. user added image
I wouldn't consider "GeForce" cards so "low end" (at least not all of them), afterall, we are also talking about models such as 5200 (for me) & 5700 - type of GeForceFX (5) with 128M DDR AGPX8 - which are pretty much good cards.

Furthermore, as noted by others, when you roll-back to older driver versions (such as 44) this work with maya with no problem, therefore it must be a "driver issue" and nothing more than that. user added image
The problem that if you roll-back to such older version of the driver, you won't be able to do anything except for using maya.

I'm still waiting for a patch from either AliasWaveFront/Nvidia that will keep me happy with boths "goals": performance (for gams) + maya "fair" usage.
Note: don't mind if some display within maya will not be that high-end (for GeForce), as long as it will render ok - but switch between views is something too basic & important in the everyday work to be able to look away & live without... user added image user added image