View Single Post
# 188 28-08-2008 , 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
mirek, Miami isn't that great unless you have a place near the beach, and I say the beach because it makes the ungodly heat bearable, of course, theres the fact that you can have a nice bright day, then rain thunder lightning, then sun again all in 30 mins. Then there are the hurricanes and matching power outages and the alarmist news crews who blow things up just to have you rush out and spend $$. I'm not saying it doesn't have its good points but I'm actually thinking about moving. And as far as 'old school traditional artists' being more sharing, you could be right, the digital age is a hassling one, its more cut throat, and one can be a total dick on the internet..because they can, I think all that adds to it, the thing is I was born in 84 soooo I haven't lived the 70s and when I knew myself the 80s were pretty much done lol so I'll have to take your word for it.

gster123, hey no problem, I get it, just had to clear that up.

Originally posted by THX1138
I did check out that link she provided. I have seen her gallery at CG talk before. I think her 3D stuff superior to her 2D stuff. I can only suggest that she get to cracking with the 2D stuff. If she wants it to match the level her 3D work is at. Having such a drastic difference in quality all in one gallery is not a good idea. Of course this is just my own opinion as I am not trying to offend.

I'm not offended and you have a point, but the honest truth, I'm not looking to punch a clock in a studio, I love CG/art I have a lot of fun doing it, I guess seeing my father design then actually seeing him turn them into buildings was cool to me, between that, the video games, comics, kung fu flicks (the old stuff) I was bound to get into it. But I have other passions as well. My boyfriend made that account THEN he told me about it (hes been bothering me about that for a while now lol) so thats pretty much how that came about.

- Genny