Thread: snapping points
View Single Post
# 12 25-02-2010 , 02:18 AM
Lifetime Member
I know legend, I use Surveying software for field and office, both CAD based and they move stuff around all of the time (gives me the willies!!). Im new to Maya BUT I am damn keen on it, I have trouble a lot as my brain goes into Survey mode which kind of makes it hard. Now Im trying to use Maya moves and shortcuts in Surveyors CAD's without thinking!!! ha ha ha kind of makes work interesting when roads end up in the wrong place etc.

Im just curious how Kurt was clicking on one vertex but 5,6 10 or in a ring (like hull mode) would be highlighted?? I have similar properties in my work software, kinda like point snap with proximity on, if you know what Im trying to say? I have a pretty good understanding of the basic end results of Maya, as I work with terrain/road/pipe sytem models all of the time. Triangulating for terrain models etc. and designing the estates etc off of Construction drawings, Maya is just more interesting and fun, work sux.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes