Thread: Voxels problem
View Single Post
# 7 26-09-2005 , 05:18 PM
Subscriber
or 3, make the container one size and use particles cloud for your smoke trail with a volume sphere emitter(s)=D

You can animate the fluid container intself, and thinking about this project its a really bad idea in your case to change the size in animation unless you can do it like alias can....

there is an example in the visor where they did a nuke and they animated the size of the container... I don't like it personally I can just make one size and get the same result with less hassle....

also one other thing you absolutely have to make sure, and that is you play every frame, you can set this in your preferences...

now, with just one size and an animated fluid container add the smoke trails with particles using clouds.... will give you a much much faster result as well and with compositing you can put everything together and make it look just as good...

Now, you also have to key the rotation of the fluid container, so instead of Y pointing up, Y should be pointing in the direction its coming from IE if your fireball is traveling in +Z then +Y should be pointing in -Z

Hope this helps... I would love to see this project when its completed...

Neil
www.delta3d.com
https://twitter.com/frescalus