Thread: ultimate newbie
View Single Post
# 3 04-01-2006 , 10:52 AM

kind a late...

Hi Pyrus,

Million thanks to you mate and some humble :bow: 's

say, I'm very very very sorry that I'm quit late replying to your kind answer regarding my question!! Those days at the end & beginning of a year ay!

I've had some probs and very weird results with attaching two nurbs. In that case I found poly's to be more trusting. I just let the vertexes snap toghether and then combine the objects. But with nurbs... gee, what a mess user added imageuser added imageuser added image (I guess that's the 'melt' and 'connect' thing you explaned)

But to make a long answer short, you don't know how greatfull I am that you took the time to try and explane to me how I can make my humble little creation actually work!

I loved your shisha joke there 'cous it's like you felt I went on holliday to Egypt a few months ago. And shisha... I did a lot user added imageuser added imageuser added image

Hey, and thanks also for pointing that I'm able to select isoparms in both directions, 'caus most of the time I was frustrated with them 'caus I thought I could only select them in one direction.

Now, I still have a loooooooot to learn, but since I have restarted my little project about twenty times already, I can tell you that I'm moving up. Yes indeed.

as for the connection of both objects, I also found something out. When I select an isoparm and duplicate it, move the pivot to the side, and do a 90° revolve, then I also get the result I want (this I found out myself... haha, and proud he is!). Or as someone told me in an other thread (yes, I'm guilty of asking help in other forums), I duplicated several isoparms, turnded them along one point at the corner, and then did a loft.

But when I do that, the isoparms I duplicated are kind of getting in the way. (they seem to be attached to the original object... you know, in a fushia, reddish color). So the thing I do, is hide my object, then delete the duplicated isoparms that I used for the loft, and after that I show the last hidden object. Eeer, I guess I'm explaning something to myself here 'caus I don't think you need it.

Gee, I've got to stop here, 'caus otherwise I won't stop at all.

user added image Brittain rules (in culture that is!) user added image

Happy newyear, and I wish you all the best Pyrus!

I used to be a shizofrenic, but we're both allright now!