View Single Post
# 15 05-02-2007 , 01:00 PM
Subscriber
LOL Mirek,
you crack me up.. user added image

Ah! :light-bulb:, I think I know which pdf you mean..

Don't really know about the explosion script, to be honest. Not too sure what makes it okay for one version of maya and not okay for the next. Possibly nothing - it may only be a backwards compatible thing, i.e the one for 6 will run on 7, and if that's the case - the one for 7 would be okay for 8.5.
BUT, you can also put checks into the things (scripts,plugins,etc) so that they will only work on a specific version. Don't know enough about the internals of that specific one to be able to say.
Something I do recall from _somewhere_ though I may be entirely innacurate here (I've never paid much attention, on account of it not affecting me) is that you need different plugins for maya(pc) and maya(mac). It may only be a matter of changing file extensions, but that I can only see that working if you're using a pc version on the mac, and running it under bootcamp or the equiv. A version of maya that was meant to run natively on the mac would need native mac plugins for sure, although .MEL scripts should be fine. It's the .MLL files that wouldn't fire up, on account of them being (windows) .DLL files with the extension changed to .MLL. So they're not interpreted anymore (hence the speed boost possible when using plugins as compared to MEL scripts), and would have to be re-compiled specifically for the MAC's operating system.

Ha, ha - know what you're saying. Do you want my plans for a tin-foil hat? Fully MKUltra proof. user added image(cold-war joke - google search for "mkultra" if you're up for some "light" reading...:smirk: )

I've got all kinds of new stuff since I sent that disk, I'll look around and drop you an email when I know where I'm at with it all - my record-keeping skills are severely defficient at the moment..

Simon.